ENERGY SAVING GUIDE
It will take much less than 30 minutes for you to review these energy and money-saving tips.
1. Install dual-pane energy-saving impact-resistant hurricane windows. SunBelt Home Solutions will gladly provide you with a FREE estimate that is good for six months.
2. Insulate: A third or MORE of the cost of heating and cooling your home is lost through the walls, so insulating them is the best way to save energy in the home.
3. Insulate your exterior walls with CoolWall energy-saving exterior coating. CoolWall exterior coating will reduce the temperatures inside your home greatly. Wall temperatures can be lowered by about 40º. This will have a huge impact on your energy consumption. Plus, installing the CoolWall exterior coating system on your home adds beauty and means you’ll NEVER PAINT AGAIN. That saves you money!
3. Use energy-saving light bulbs: Replacing old tungsten style light bulbs with energy-saving bulbs can cut lighting costs tremendously. Keep in mind that today’s low wattage bulbs can last up to 12 times longer than the ordinary light bulbs.
4. Replace your old appliances: Energy Star rated appliances will help lower your consumption and save as much as 60% of what you spend on your energy bills during the year.
5. Adjust your thermostat: Even a 1 or 2-degree adjustment could cut your heating and cooling bills measurably. Even though it seems to be only a few cents of savings here and there, when you add it up, at the end of the year the savings have grown greatly. Keep that money in your pocket.
6. Flip the switch: When you are going to be away or not using items connected to your plug strips, flip the switch to off. Phantom power (phone charges and other items that are not being used at the moment) do burn electricity unnecessarily. In fact, switching these off will also prolong the life of your charging devices.
7. Dripping faucets: A dripping hot water tap can waste enough hot water to fill a bath in no time. That’s just a total waste. If you use a one-year leak as your benchmark, paying a plumber $75 to fix the leaks throughout your home will pay for itself anyway.
There are other things you can do to save money by saving energy. Contact SunBelt Home Solutions and we’ll be glad to provide you with additional information on making your home more energy-efficient.
Sunbelt Home Solutions is a:
- Florida Contractors License # CBC1256484